Lib Tech x …Lost “Short Round”
The Shortround bridges the gap between easy riding “cheater” surfboards and the high performance shortboard. The speed comes from a low entry rocker and wide-ish nose, with a forward wide point and generous concave throughout. The performance comes from a moderate, but not flipped up, tail rocker, a double concave through the fins and the same sort of modern bump squash tail that you would find on a typical contest style, small wave HP shortboard. All combined, it doesn’t look like anything fancy and there are no gimmicks, but some times less is more, and there’s a lot packed into this little surfboard.
Lib Tech have taken surfboard manufacturing and turned it on it’s head. Their technology is completely new to the industry and promises to be the toughest out there. All Lib Tech boards are handmade in the USA using their Eco/Isotropic Thermo Pressure Fusion System… and the 31 pieces used in the construction have never been seen in a surfboard before, with the exception of the stainless steel fin screws! Here’s what makes them stand out:-
- Nitrogenecell Foam – Nitrogen filled foam makes for elongated and incredibly strong, completely waterproof foam. 25%-40% recycled foam content. All off-cuts are recycled.
- Hexzylon Fiber Foam Skin – An impact and ding resistant layer that absorbs vibration for a smoother ride.
- Woven Basalt Fiber – An additive free mineral fibre cloth that is break and damage resistant to impact and heel dents.
- Bio-Matrix Resin – Low VOC glycerin based resin that has all the good qualities of polyester, with an even longer lifespan than epoxy.
- Elasto Perimeter Dampening Fibre – Wrapped on the rails for great flex control and pop.
- Lib Tech Leash Plug – 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminium pin is strong and lightweight, with a secure fibre composite plug.
In a nutshell, these boards are incredibly strong and environmentally friendly.
5'6" x 19 1/4" x 2.25" 27 Ltrs, 5'8" x 19.63" x 2.32" 28.8 Ltrs, 5'10" x 20" x 2.38" 30.75 Ltrs, 6'0" x 20 1/2" x 2.5" 34 Ltrs